SMART UV… The Professional’s Choice!
More animal husbandry and aquatic professionals choose SMART UVs over competing UV brands because of our substantiated performance information, effective product design and overall quality. With over thirty models to choose from, Emperor Aquatics, Inc. has the right SMART UV to fit your application.
Optimum UV-C Performance
UV SizeOur SMART UV design always considers the lamp’s UV-C output and length, while most competitors ignore these critical performance factors. This explains why, in most cases, our equipment is physically larger.
UV Lamp PositionOur lamps are always positioned entirely between the inlet and outlet water ports, utilizing the lamp’s full arc length to its maximum potential.
UV Lamp LifeLong-Lasting GPH/T5 (Low-Pressure/Standard-Output) & T5 (Low Pressure/High-Output) UV lamps offer 9,000 hours of continual operation equals >80% efficiency at end of lamp life. These lamps use a specially coated "L" type hard quartz glass that extends the life of the lamp while preventing the build-up of nitrogen by-products (scaling) on the lamp’s outer surface (Scaling diminishes UV-C transmittance). These nitrogen by-products are a problem commonly associated with ozone producing “VH” type glass UV lamps.
UV Water Flow RatesSMART UV flow rates represent the equipment’s true capacity, which considers the lamp’s UV-C output, lamp length, exposure chamber’s inside-diameter, and UV transmissibility for specified UV dosages as per our specification charts
SMART UV Sterilizer Advantages:
- UV Power Assembly – Each SMART UV features an easy-to-remove UV Lamp/Quartz Sleeve Power Assembly which allows for the lamp to be removed without disrupting the water flow. This design also allows for the entire power assembly to be removed for easy cleaning of the glass and exposure chamber interior.
- Remote Power Supply – Positions the power supply away from the UV exposure chamber, increasing overall safety.
- SMART Ballast – Available w/ SMART UV Sterilizers (18 watt through 130 watt models). Delivers the precise electrical requirements to the lamp, which maximizes UV-C output and lamp life. SMART Ballasts are potted/sealed against water intrusion, and feature a 19.5-foot power cord.
- Watertight – All SMART UVs are watertight and UL Listed for safe use in wet environments.
- Heavy-wall UV Resistant Construction – SMART UVs feature a heavy-wall UV resistant plastic housing offering increased equipment operating life (UV Housing Lifetime Warranty*).
- Clear Viewing Ports – Clear viewing ports are positioned on both ends of each SMART UV enabling safe internal inspection during use.
- Optional Quartz Sleeve Wipers – All SMART UV styles are available with quartz sleeve “cleaning” wiper modules that remove soft waste deposits without interrupting UV operation. NOTE: Wipers are not recommended for saltwater applications.
If you have any questions regarding SMART UV Sterilizers and which style is best suited for your application please feel free to send us an e-mail here: SMART UV Sterilizer Questions.
UV Lamp Recycling
Emperor Aquatics, Inc. recognizes that we all have a responsibility as global citizens, to minimize our strain on the environment. The steps we take today to
preserve our planet will have major repercussions on the health and well-being of our children.
Hg UV Lamps contain mercury, and should not be placed in the trash. Please recycle your old lamps or properly dispose of them as hazardous waste. Visit
www.lamprecycle.org for more information.